Five Iron Golf is the country's premier indoor golf and entertainment experience, with 27 locations nationwide and more on the way. Five Iron Golf’s core mission is to seamlessly meld golf and entertainment, and in the process make golf inclusive and accessible for all.
We are seeking an Event Captain & League Commissioner (ECLC). The ideal candidate is a dynamic and organized individual who will be responsible for managing all aspects of our League programs, ensuring a vibrant and engaging experience for our participants. This individual will also play a vital role in coordinating and executing various events within our space, focusing on delivering exceptional customer service. The ECLC should be a passion driven individual who thrives in a customer-oriented setting. The ECLC reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
Event Captain (EC):
- Ensure positive customer experiences and successful delivery of contracted services for events.
- Create banquet event orders, process payments, and manage simulators/space based on contracts.
- Manage event timelines to ensure organized and timely activities.
- Train and coordinate with various staff roles to provide a premium event experience.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure food meets customer expectations.
- Lead on-site during events, handling guest greetings, space preparation, issue resolution, and financial closing.
- Contribute ideas for improving event experiences and increasing revenue.
- Provide feedback to the Sales team to enhance return business.
- Purchase and manage event-related inventory.
- Consistently participate in on-site event execution, including evenings and weekends.
- Support Event Sales Manager with administrative tasks.
- Attend weekly meetings with GM, AGM, and ESM to review banquet event orders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create additional events/experiences for 5i customers.
League Commissioner (LC):
- Oversee all in-location aspects of the league program.
- Act as the main contact for staff and guests regarding golf league inquiries.
- Manage league email, with support from location management.
- Organize and execute weekly league nights, focusing on creating a fun and competitive atmosphere.
- Engage with teams, serve as Emcee, and coordinate contests and announcements.
- Collaborate with location staff to enhance player experiences and boost food and beverage sales.
- Ensure staff is informed about league information, including weekly changes in game settings and drink specials.
- Prepare materials (scorecards, setup sheets) before league nights.
- Provide weekly scores to the National League Manager.
- Assist Bay Host in setting up customers on simulators when needed.
- Attend weekly league meetings with the National League Coordinator.
- Prior experience in managing / coordinating events
- Passion for golf and an understanding of the game’s rules are strongly encouraged
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A customer-centric approach
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Benefits (*applies to full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Long and Short Term Disability*
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance*
- 401K *
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Pay: $24-29 per hour. Competitive base salary plus discretionary bonuses
Five Iron Golf is committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds. Five Iron Golf provides Equal Employment Opportunity to everyone and complies with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Five Iron Golf will consider all requests for reasonable accommodations as required.