Five Iron Golf is the country's premier indoor golf and entertainment experience, with more than 26 locations nationwide and many more on the way. Five Iron Golf’s core mission is to seamlessly meld golf and entertainment, and in the process make golf inclusive and accessible for all.
We are seeking an Assistant General Manager. This individual is a strong leader integral to the location’s success. The Assistant General Manager will work hand-in-hand with the General Manager to hire, train, and coach our staff to deliver exceptional service and genuine hospitality. This individual will provide day-to-day management within the location, with an emphasis on ongoing training and Guest experience. Assistant General Managers report directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and training of all staff
- Manage the onboarding and continued education of new hires
- Assist General Manager in actively evaluating employee performance to ensure day-to-day business needs are met
- Assist General Manager in management of all location operations, including golf offerings and programs, facilities maintenance, food & beverage service, and staff scheduling
- Set and manage above-and-beyond service standards for all staff
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all of our products, business lines and promotions
- Maintain an understanding of the P&L of the location
- Support the efficient operation of the space by monitoring and reducing labor and other operating costs
- Assist in building relationships within the community and engaging in local marketing efforts
- Take pride and ownership of each Guest’s enjoyment and fun at Five Iron Golf
- 5+ years of hospitality, hotel or golf course/club management experience with at least 1 recent years as Assistant General Manager or General Manager
- Successful completion of the Assistant General Manager training program
- Strong leadership ability and willingness to lead by example
- Exemplary communication, time management and organization skills
- Upbeat energy and enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to think on your feet and manage customer expectations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Availability to be present in the space evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time and maneuver up and down stairs
- Ability to obtain proper licensing and certifications for the location
Benefits (*applies to full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Long and Short Term Disability*
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance*
- 401K *
- Meals while working are included for free
Job Type: This position will be a full-time, exempt role
Hours: Vary by week and will be focused on night and weekend shifts.
Pay: Compensation for this position ranges from $45,000 - $60,000 annually.
Five Iron Golf is committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds. Five Iron Golf provides Equal Employment Opportunity to everyone and complies with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Five Iron Golf will consider all requests for reasonable accommodations as required.