Five Iron Golf is the country's premier indoor golf and entertainment experience, with 20 locations nationwide and many more on the way. Five Iron Golf’s core mission is to seamlessly meld golf and entertainment, and in the process make golf inclusive and accessible for all.
We are seeking a General Manager. We think of the General Manager as a “mini-CEO”, a strong leader integral to a location’s success. The General Manager hires, trains, and coaches our staff to deliver exceptional service and genuine hospitality. This individual also is responsible for key business functions such as financial performance, day-to-day operations, local marketing, and community building. The General Manager is the ultimate steward of the Five Iron Golf brand and reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Recruit, hire, and train (or oversee the recruiting, hiring, and training) of all staff
- Actively evaluate employee performance to ensure day-to-day business needs are met
- Manage and oversee all location operations, including golf offerings and programs, facilities maintenance, food & beverage service, and staff scheduling
- Set and manage above-and-beyond service standards for all staff
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all of our products, business lines and promotions
- Manage the P&L of the location, including efficiently operating the space by monitoring and reducing labor and other operating costs
- Build relationships within the community and engage in local marketing efforts
- Clearly and effectively communicate location needs to Regional Manager and other corporate representatives
- Ensure that the location adheres to pertinent health and safety regulations and operates in compliance with all local laws, including laws relating to alcohol service.
- 5+ years of hospitality, hotel or golf course/club management experience with at least 3 recent years as Assistant General Manager or General Manager
- Strong leadership ability and willingness to lead by example
- Exemplary communication, time management and organization skills
- Upbeat energy and enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to think on your feet and manage customer expectations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Availability to be present in the space on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time and maneuver up and down stairs
- Ability to obtain proper licensing and certifications for the location
Benefits (*applies to full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Long and Short Term Disability*
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance*
- 401K *
- Meals while working are included for free
Job Type: Exempt
Pay: 55-70k Competitive base salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Five Iron Golf is committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds. Five Iron Golf provides Equal Employment Opportunity to everyone and complies with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Five Iron Golf will consider all requests for reasonable accommodations as required.