Five Iron Golf (5i) is the country's biggest indoor golf company with three locations in New York City, two locations in Chicago, and locations in Seattle, Baltimore, Las Vegas, DC, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. With many more to come!
5i is not your traditional country club. We aspire to establish a casual, relaxed environment for golfers and non-golfers alike. We are a fun and growing company with an urban vibe. We offer indoor golf simulation, lessons, golf fittings, and food and beverage service.
As we expand, we are looking for team-oriented employees who help continue our most important tradition; providing outstanding customer service.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Golf. This individual will assist the Director of Golf in overseeing and managing all morning staff, golf pros and lessons, and will report directly to the Director of Golf.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Working all morning shifts
- Assist Director of Golf in the following areas:
- Heavy focus on pushing leagues, events, sim hours, etc. and help meet sales quotas
- Ensure functionality of for all aspects of the simulators
- Understand functionality of cameras and oversee repairs and maintenance to ensure they are always working
- Update and maintain PC and Trackman software
- Ensure mats and screens are not worn down
- Maintain organization of all 5i clubs on site
- Replace golf balls when required
- Ensure gloves and balls for sale are adequately stocked
- Engage with customers at events and help create return business
- Display knowledge of various golf formats: (i.e Best Ball, Scramble), scoring methods (i.e Stroke and Match Play), and contests (Closest to the Pin, Long Drive, Tournament Play).
- Be familiar with basic golf swing terminology and the ability to speak to some simple swing and set-up fundamentals.
- Be familiar with golf simulator data outputs and ability to help guests understand them (Ie. Distance, Carry, Club Head Speed, Club Face, Club Path).
- Golf, server, and/or hospitality experience encouraged but NOT required
- Sound understanding of numerous golf swing teaching methodologies
- Understand ball flight laws, be well versed in Launch Monitor nomenclature, and be tech savvy
- Proficient in video analysis and good written email skills to communicate and follow up with students
- Good social skills and working well in group scenarios, facilitating groups to have fun
- Able to speak at a high level about the golf swing to a wide variety of skill levels without being confusing
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
Long and Short Term Disability
Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
Meals while working are included for free
**Benefits only apply to Full-Time Employees**
Job Type: This position will be a Full Time, Exempt role with golf-related sales incentives