Five Iron Golf is the country's premier indoor golf and entertainment experience, with 24 locations nationwide and more on the way. Five Iron Golf’s core mission is to seamlessly meld golf and entertainment, and in the process make golf inclusive and accessible for all.
We are seeking a Director of Golf. This individual is a strong leader integral to a location’s success, responsible for overseeing and managing all golf operations at the location. The Director of Golf is charismatic, people-oriented, gets to know Guests on a first-name basis, demonstrates proficiency with our golf simulators and other equipment, and is able to drive revenue in golf-specific offerings, including membership, game improvement, and leagues. The Director of Golf reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Hire, manage and train morning and afternoon golf staff, including Assistant Director of Golf
- Set and manage above-and-beyond service standards for all golf staff
- Actively evaluate golf staff performance to ensure day-to-day business needs are met
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with Guests; check in with Guests throughout booking
- Proficiency in golf simulator technology; develop processes to ensure all simulators are maintained
- Ensure bag storage room and golf equipment, including demo clubs, are consistently organized and inventory is kept up-to-date
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all of our products, business lines and promotions
- Maintain in-depth understanding of the P&L of the location for golf-specific offerings; achieve quarterly revenue targets
- Build relationships within the community and engage in local marketing efforts
- Clearly and effectively communicate golf-specific needs to GM, Regional Manager and other corporate representatives
- Drive revenue through attendance at high value events, league nights, tournaments, and other initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of food and beverage offerings; ability to deliver premium food and beverage service when needed
- Take pride and ownership of each Guest’s enjoyment and fun at Five Iron Golf
- 5+ years of hospitality, hotel or golf course/club management experience
- Strong leadership ability and willingness to lead by example
- Exemplary communication, time management and organization skills
- Social and interpersonal skills required to cultivate meaningful relationships with our Guests
- Familiarity with swing analysis technology and launch monitor technology
- Upbeat energy and enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to think on your feet and manage customer expectations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Availability to be present in the space at high value times
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time and maneuver up and down stairs
Benefits (*applies to full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Long and Short Term Disability*
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance*
- 401K *
- Meals while working are included for free
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Pay: 50-60k Competitive base salary plus incentive-based compensation.
*Additionally, wages for teaching lessons, if applicable, are provided. You will also have the opportunity to earn incentive-based compensation through a quarterly bonus program, based on the revenue generated from lessons and memberships in a given quarter.
Five Iron Golf is committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds. Five Iron Golf provides Equal Employment Opportunity to everyone and complies with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Five Iron Golf will consider all requests for reasonable accommodations as required.