Five Iron Golf is the country's premier indoor golf and entertainment experience, with 26 locations nationwide and more on the way. Five Iron Golf’s core mission is to seamlessly meld golf and entertainment, and in the process make golf inclusive and accessible for all.
We are seeking evening/night Guest Services Specialists (we call that a “ Lead Bay Host”). Lead Bay Hosts are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and genuine hospitality. Lead Bay Hosts take charge in the space and have extensive knowledge of our food and beverage offerings and are people-oriented, charismatic, fun and engaging. Bay Hosts are entertainers, ensuring that each Guest has a memorable experience each and every visit. Bay Hosts report directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage all staff on duty and ensure they are performing their jobs properly
- Inspect all equipment at the beginning and end of the shift and report concerns or repair needs to the General Manager
- Holding pre-shift tee times with front of house staff daily
- Address and resolve complaints from guests and employees, including simulator crashes, customer complaints, and business-related questions
- Manage the flow of the day, including managing simulator assignments, events, and redirectinging staff to uphold the 5i standard
- Coach and develop team members, while identifying key talent to ensure contestant pipeline and bench strength of talent for GM/ AGM to develop and trains well as train new staff
- Supervise opening and closing procedures to ensure the space is properly cleaned and ready for customers
- Have an in-depth knowledge of simulator function and troubleshooting
- Have an in-depth understanding of our simulators and booking to properly handle all customer requests
- Take pride and ownership of each Guest’s enjoyment and fun at Five Iron Golf
- Work to sell league teams while on the floor
- Oversee all aspects of league night management and serve as point of contact for staff and guests on all golf league inquiries
- Help to coordinate league payments and team schedules
- Manage weekly league nights with a focus on creating an inclusive and competitive atmosphere
- Ensure a positive customer experience and that all contracted services for events are delivered, ultimately driving return business and word-of-mouth recommendations
- Act as on-site lead during events including greeting event guests, preparing the space, resolving issues or complaints, etc.
Server and/or hospitality experience encouraged but NOT required
- Upbeat energy and enthusiasm
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work with a team
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to obtain proper licensing and certifications for the location
- Proficient verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Benefits (*applies to full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Long and Short Term Disability*
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance*
- 401K *
- Meals while working are included for free
- Competitive hourly wages + tips
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Hours: vary by week; emphasis on night and weekend shifts.
Five Iron Golf is committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds. Five Iron Golf provides Equal Employment Opportunity to everyone and complies with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations. Five Iron Golf will consider all requests for reasonable accommodations as required.