PRESENTING THE PATRONS CUP
13 locations, 9 cities, 1 National Champion.
The Patrons Cup is a nationwide competition, where players across the country compete as a team vying to win the 5i Patrons Cup. Sign up now for a chance to become the national champion and secure bragging rights for the next year.
Qualify through September 30th.
Sign-up via LeagueApps and get a 1.5 hour booking to complete the qualifying round! Individuals are welcome to extend for longer if they would like, but will have to pay for this themselves.
$100 to sign up ($50 for members).
Individuals can come in and enter as many rounds as they would like during 9/19 to 9/30 to complete their 18-hole qualifying. The first round is included in the registration fee.
- 2 rounds, alternate shot + best ball
3. TEAM UP
It all culminates with the 5i Patrons Cup Night — a night of community and camaraderie on October 2nd at a final round night hosted in every 5i city at 4pm PST / 6pm CST / 7pm EST.
Play two 9-hole matches, the top players from each location compete against one another to win it all and bring home the cup.
Each location’s 4 player teams will be made up of:
- 3 18-hole Qualifiers – top scores get the spots!
- 1 Member of Team 5i
HOW TO PLAY A ROUND
- Accept the tournament invitation via the email you received.
- Book your sim at any Five Iron – make sure to request a TrackMan™ simulator. A 90-minute sim rental is included in the tournament fee and should give you plenty of time to warm up and complete your round.
- When ready to start your round, login to your trackman account.
- Go into “Tournaments” on the TrackMan™ homepage.
- You should see “Five Iron Patrons Cup” available if you accepted the tournament invitation.
- Enter the tournament and play your round.
- If you are asked for a handicap, select 0.0 as this is a gross tournament.
- Take a picture of your round – just in case, and send to email@example.com.
- Wait for the results!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Players will complete their 18 hole round sometime between 9/19-9/30
- Participants are welcome to post more than one score but they will have to pay for their simulator rental if they want to try more than once
- The qualifying round will be played in the stroke play format
- Players will putt with 8-foot gimmies
- Players who finish top 3 in their location will be on the Presidents Cup team for their location and will compete in the finals on the night of 10/2
A welcome email will be sent out to all participants at least the day before qualifying starts
- The tournament will be played in the stroke play format, so your round will be scored by your score to par
- The tiebreaker for scores is listed here in order of how they will be compared:
- Total of the back 9
- Total of the last 6 on the back
- Total of the last 3 on the back
- Sudden death matchplay starting from 18 and going backwards
- Free 1 Month membership
- 5i Swag bag
- A chance to play in the Presidents Cup final on 10/2
- All players are expected to use the simulator properly and adhere to the Five Iron Golf Tour rules and regulations.
- Any attempts to manipulate the simulator as determined by the Five Iron Golf Tour in its sole discretion will be grounds for removal.
- Teeing up the ball is only permitted on the first shot of every hole. A one stroke penalty will be assessed for any violations of this rule.