Trips to Casa De Campo
A CINDERELLA STORY IN THE MAKING
First come, first served. Every shot counts.
ROUND 1: March 13-19 | FINAL ROUND: Date TBD (May-June 2023)
HOW IT WORKS…
March Match-Play is a single-elimination match-play tournament with a field of 128. Players will battle it out over 5 rounds to claim their spot in the Final Four and earn a trip to Casa De Campo in the Dominican Republic to compete for the glory
HOW TO WIN…
1. SIGN UP
Secure your spot by being one of the first 128 players to sign up!
Players will be randomly placed into a 128-person bracket to kick off the tournament. Matches do not have to be played concurrently, allowing you to play each round with a sim rental that fits your schedule. Team 5i will set you up and your scorecard will automatically be submitted to the Commissioner who will score your match and determine who moves on!
3. CASA DE CAMPO, BABY!
The Final 4 players will enjoy a trip down to Casa De Campo in the Dominican Republic to compete for the championship! Players will be welcomed into the weekend with a welcome dinner with Casa De Campo’s Golf Director, before playing two outdoor rounds over the weekend to decide the champion!
PERKS & PRIZES
90 minute peak simulator rental for your first round
First ace recorded gets a TAG Heuer Connected Golf Watch
Champion walks away with a TAG Heuer Connected Golf Watch
Round of 128: March 13-19
Round of 64: March 20-26
Round of 36: March 27-April 2
Round of 16: April 4-9
Quarterfinals: April 10-16
Semifinals: TBD – Casa De Campo
Finals: TBD – Casa De Campo
The March Matchplay is an individual match play tournament. Players who enter will have a week to post their first round between 3/13 and 3/19. A newsletter will be sent out to all players before the tournament explaining how to join the first round and the course we will be playing. After the first week – a newsletter will be sent out each Monday with the results of the previous week and the information including the course for the next round.
This is a gross tournament so there are no handicaps involved. There are no mulligans allowed in the round – but mulligans will be on in case there are any technical issues. We will be able to check if mulligans were taken so please make sure that all mulligans are approved by a 5i staff member.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- After the round of 8, our final four participants will all make it to the championship weekend in Casa De Campo
- This will be held on a weekend in May or June
- Contestants will be able to submit preferences once the final 4 participants are decided
- Players will fly out to Casa De Campo on Thursday night and hosted at a welcome dinner with Casa De Campo’s Golf Director
- In the result of a tie, the tiebreaker will be a sudden death playoff.
- Both matches will be held outdoors at one of the courses at Casa De Campo
- Hotel rooms will be provided for three nights
- If a player is unable to attend the Final Four at Casa De Campo, they will forfeit their quarter final match and be replaced for the Final Four.
- The tournament is open to men, women or any person over the age of 21.
- The field is limited to 128 participants. If a golfer withdraws from the tournament before the completion of the first week, an alternate may take their place.
- All players must complete registration through LeagueApps and pay a $175 entry fee prior to the start of the tournament on March 13, 2023.
- Players will not be considered officially entered into the tournament until they have registered on LeagueApps and may lose their spot if registration is not completed.
- Players must have a TrackMan account and sign into that account in order to participate in the event.
- All players will receive their first round included in the entry fee
- Players will be placed randomly into a 128 person bracket.
- Each round, players will each play an 18 hole round at the designated course, under the designated format through TrackMan.
- The March Match-Play is a no handicap event.
- Any player who does not complete their round in the established window of the tournament will forfeit their round to the opponent, and the opponent will advance.
- This is a single elimination contest, contestants will get one attempt for each round
- Each week during the tournament, an updated bracket and link to that week’s course will be shared via e-mail.
- The weekly newsletter will be shared with all participants on Monday mornings allowing players to complete rounds through Sunday evening.
- Tournament rounds must be played in the private TrackMan tournament event that is shared with all players prior to that week’s play.
- Players should take an additional picture of their scorecard in addition to playing in the established round with their TrackMan account in case of technical difficulties. If players’ scorecards are not correctly uploaded and pictures are not shared, that players round will not count
- Any rounds completed outside of the tournament week will not count toward that weeks round
- Scorecards will be compared against each other to determine the winner through a matchplay format where hole by hole scores will be matched to see who wins the match-up.
- In the result of a tie, the tiebreaker will be a scorecard playoff on the basis of the total strokes for the last nine holes, last six holes, last three holes, or the last hole, until a winner is determined
- “Mulligans” will be allowed for technical issues and will be tracked as part of the tournament. Any mulligan used must be approved by a Five Iron staff member immediately after the technical issue
- Each unapproved mulligan will result in a two-stroke penalty.
- Five Iron will provide hotel accommodations for a maximum of 3 nights (During May-June, date to be decided once the round of 8 has ended) for all players advancing to the finals
- Players are welcome to bring guests if they would like, but guests will not be provided airfare
- There will be room in your cabin for a guest if you decide to bring one
- Players are provided round-trip airfare by Five Iron to travel to Casa De Campo for the Final Four.
- Additional prizes from Five Iron and partners will be earned for advancing to Round of 32, Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four and winning the tournament
- Players will receive prizes or credit equivalent for those prizes at the earliest date possible after players advance to that round
- All players are expected to use the simulator properly and adhere to the Five Iron Golf Tour rules and regulations.
- Any attempts to manipulate the simulator as determined by the Five Iron Golf Tour in its sole discretion will be grounds for removal.
- Teeing up the ball is only permitted on the first shot of every hole. A one stroke penalty will be assessed for any violations of this rule
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you! You can reach the March Matchplay commish by filling out this form.